Golden Gala 2018
Viva Panama Organization (VPO) celebrated its International Week of Panama in Los Angeles County with its 2018 Golden Gala and Films from Panama Festival in partnership with AIDS Healthcare Foundation, a Los Angeles-based global nonprofit provider of HIV prevention services, testing, and healthcare for HIV patients.
The theme "Golden Huacas" promoted and displayed our
Pre-Columbian Heritage. The night was opened by Love
Alvarez, performing a ritual to the god of the rain,
represented by a golden frog.
One of the The 2018 Ambassador Award Recipients
was Marlene Sánchez, successful entrepreneur in the
childcare services and for her support to the VPO as
Vice-President for her support to VPO, and Dr. Adán
Ríos, M.D., for his work researching a preventive
vaccine for HIV infection.
The Viva Panama Golden Gala took place on Friday, August 17, 2018, 6:30 pm, at the
Louvre Banquet Hall, located at 1767 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027.
Among our special guest, we had S.R.M. Ana Victoria Castillo de Bello, 2018 Queen of Calle Arriba Las Tablas, with her display of elegance, beauty, fantasy & the spirit of our traditional Carnaval. Love Alvarez performing a Ritual to ythe god of the rain; and Orquesta Tabaco y Ron, as live music.
As part of the International Week of Panama in Los Angeles, VPO has also its Films from Panama Festival, on Saturday, August 18, 2018, from 12 – 8 pm, at AHF Theater, sponsored by AIDS Healthcare Foundation and located at 6500 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028. Admission to the festival is free (tickets at vivapanama.org). Films from Panama Festival was designed to cast a spotlight on the emerging film industry in Panama and the Americas, featuring works by up and coming filmmakers from the area. Film festival will include Inauguration & Ribbon cutting by our special Panamanian guests, Dr. Adan Rios and Ana Victoria Castillo (Queen of Calle Arriba Las Tablas).
serving the community for 28 years!
Sharing the Culture of Panama with the World!
of the Foundation of the
Old Panama City on Aug. 15, 1519